It’s also makes it the world’s first software solution to unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0.
The iPhone Dev Team had released their PwnageTool 3.0 for Mac on June 19 to jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 and then followed it up by releasing Redsn0w for both Mac and Windows users on June 20 to jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0.
PwnageTool and Redsn0w can also be used to unlock iPhone 2G.
They have just released their much awaited software method called Ultrasn0w to unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 which can be installed via Cydia or Icy.
Dev Team has published the following instructions:
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0.
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy).
- Run Cydia or Icy.
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w.
- Reboot your iPhone 3G.
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w.
Please note that UltraSn0w currently does not unlock Apple’s new iPhone 3GS.
But please proceed with caution and don’t forget to tell us if you were able to successfully unlock your iPhone 3G.
Thanks everyone for the heads up!
[via Dev Team's blog]iPhone, iphone 4g ultrasn0w, iphone 4g unlock method, iPhone tips, ultrasn0w, ultrasn0w 2011, ultrasn0w 4g, unlock iphone 3g